Georgetown is home to “The Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas,” and that’s only the beginning of the great things to see and do in this city just 25 miles from Austin.
Georgetown is well-known for its historic buildings, but homes here run the gamut: All the way from new construction to residences from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, which are perfectly positioned for a little renovation.
In 2009, the Census found that the average home in the United States is about 36 years old. But even if your home is getting on in years, the right roof can give it a new lease on life.
Residential metal roofing is gaining acclaim in Georgetown for many reasons:
- A metal roof reflects solar energy and saves you money on electricity throughout the year
- Residential metal roofs stand up to Austin-area weather and resist mold, mildew, and more
- Metal roofs are fireproof, keeping you much safer no matter how bad the dry season gets
- Metal roofing systems last longer and require fewer roof repairs throughout their service life
Can a Metal Roof Be Installed on My Home?
When they’re looking for a metal roofing contractor in Georgetown, many people ask us this question.
The answer is almost certainly yes. Standing seam metal roofing can often be installed right on your existing roof decking, allowing you to take advantage of the strength of your structural elements.
Before a metal roofing contractor goes to work on your roof, the team should assess the current state of your roof decking and the waterproof underlayment. Both of these can become damaged as a result of past water intrusion that wasn’t dealt with properly.
Updates to the decking and underlayment are most convenient (and far cheaper) when you’re already getting roof replacement in Georgetown. Most of the time, the decking is still sound, but underlayment should be replaced with today’s much stronger synthetic underlayment.
What Should I Look For in a Metal Roofing Contractor?
Experience is essential when selecting a metal roofing contractor. Residential metal roofing is a relatively new phenomenon, but experienced Austin metal roofers can have decades of proven expertise with it.
This is crucial because installation is the biggest factor that determines the performance quality and long-term reliability of a metal roof. Poor metal roofing installation creates the conditions for fastener backout and other issues that make wind and water damage more likely.
Also be sure you’re getting these features from any metal roofing contractor in Georgetown:
- A complete written project estimate with scope of work and costs
- High-gauge Galvalume-coated metal panels to maximize rust resistance
- Metal roofing panels fabricated on-site to fit your home’s dimensions
- Complete cleanup of any and all metal roofing debris from your property
- A warranty you can count on in the event of metal roofing problems
Metal roofing in Georgetown is your best bet for a durable, beautiful roof that costs less to maintain. To get the most from your roof, contact Austin’s most trusted metal roofing contractor: Longhorn Roofing.